NourishKC is committed to protecting the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and guests during these unprecedented times. Kansas City Community Kitchen remains open Monday through Friday, serving hot lunches from 11am-2pm.
NourishKC’s COVID-19 Protocols:
- Encourage employees and volunteers to say home if they are sick
- Limit the number of volunteers registered for each shift
- Train employees in proper hygiene practices and the use of workplace controls
- Require employees and volunteers to wear masks over their nose and mouth to prevent the spread of the virus
- Encourage frequent handwashing and provide hand sanitizers containing at least 60% alcohol
- Routinely clean and disinfect all surfaces and equipment
- Practice sensible social distancing by maintaining six feet between employees, volunteers, and guests, when possible
- Install acrylic barrier to limit exposure during meal service
- Require the use of gloves when handling food, serving meals, or taking out trash
- Avoid direct hand-off of meals, when possible
- Encourage employees to report any safety and health concerns
For more information, visit www.osha.gov/coronavirus or call 1-800-321-OSHA (6742).
Thanks to Journey Church International for following OSHA guidelines to safely serve our guests!