NourishKC is hiring a Development Assistant!
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Development Assistant supports NourishKC’s development efforts by providing administrative, project coordination, and customer service support to the Development Director and, occasionally, the Executive Director. This role requires the ability to actively work in several locations, including the administrative office, Kansas City Community Kitchen, and various community events.
REPORTS TO: Development Director
Job Type: Part‐time
FSLA Status: Non‐exempt
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the timely acknowledgement of gifts and assure that all types of donations are properly documented.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of recurring appeals and stewardship materials. Assist with the writing and editing of appeals, acknowledgements, and newsletters.
- Assemble materials for cultivation and solicitation visits.
- Communicate with donors in person, on the phone, and by email.
Social Media & Communications
- Under the direction of the Development Director, manage NourishKC’s social media accounts. Create and schedule daily posts.
- Collect and organize pictures and material for communications including website, mailers, and e-newsletters.
- Assist with the development and implementation of social media goals and plans, analyze the efficacy of the organization’s social media presence, and prepare reports.
- Ensure data integrity through accurate data entry and ongoing clean-up efforts.
- Update and maintain donor database daily.
- Support the development team in donor reporting and research.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems as needed.
- Collaborate with development team to support event management, including creating and managing event ticket sales web pages, promoting events, soliciting raffle and auction items, creating guest lists, managing check-in stations, etc.
- Maintain the Amazon Wish List, coordinating with department heads to reflect current needs.
- Reception-related duties, including answering and screening calls and responding to and appropriately forwarding emails and media inquiries.
- Basic office support tasks, including placing orders, making copies, filing, and maintaining general organization of the development department.
- Recruit, train and educate new and existing volunteers through group orientations and individual coaching on all relevant processes, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate background screening of volunteers, as necessary. Lead communication of daily calls, emails, and web inquiries regarding volunteer positions. Ensure proper volunteer staffing levels by working with Programs Director.
- Enter data into management systems and provide monthly reports to Development Director.
- Engage volunteers to follow social media and post while volunteering.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field, e.g., marketing, public relations, communications, etc.
- Minimum 1 year of demonstrated experience performing related duties in an office setting.
- Minimum 1 year of volunteer management experience.
- Excellence in organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and judgement with the ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Familiarity with social media and current social media trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management.
- Commitment to NourishKC’s mission.
- Proven commitment to promoting the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, e.g., marketing, public relations, communications, etc. Five years of related experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience performing related duties in an office setting.
- 3+ years of volunteer management experience.
- Experience with donor databases and design software with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with volunteer management systems, research methods, and data standards.
- Interest in fundraising
- Affinity for social services and hunger prevention and relief.
This job description is not intended to be all‐inclusive, and the employee will also perform other job‐ related duties as assigned. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, current employment status, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Christina Esteban, Development Director, with the position title and your name in the subject line.